Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Earth Day

Earth Day in 2 Days!

It will be Earth Day on April 22, 2011.  I love God's wonderful creation, Earth, and I try to take care of it as best I can.  I recycle, reduce, and reuse.  I buy our family's clothes at the thrift store.  I recycle my newspapers.  I get my magazines via internet to save some trees.That's why I started to make soap in the first place.  I try to go as natural as I can by making my own cleaning products, laundry detergent, bar soap, toothpaste, etc.  Our family rarely eats processed foods.  We eat healthy, from scratch meals every day, and I grind my own grains to make our homemade bread.  We are putting in a new garden this year since we had to tear out our old one last year.  My kids are GREAT gardeners.  They learned from my wonderful friend who is a master gardener.  Good thing, since I've never been great at gardening.  That's the thing.  Just because you may not be good at something, doesn't mean you can't do it anyway.  For example, my purse was breaking and falling apart so my daughter sewed me a new one out of scrap materials.  She's just learning to sew but she did a wonderful job and I will treasure my drawstring bag (I mean purse) made out of jean material and scrap pink flowered material forever.  So go ahead, next time you need to throw something away, think about who else could use it or how you could recycle it.  Grow a garden, even if it only consists of herbs or just 1 zucchini plant.  Start small and expand later.  Re-think everything you buy to see if you can make it yourself. Take care of our wonderful earth a little bit at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment